1. Terms and conditions – Loxley Arts Art Sale and Auction Art Instagram competition for Yorkshire Amateur Painters. To participate in this competition, users must share an image of their painting on Instagram with a description of their artwork not more than 20 words starting with the hashtag #IseeYorkshireas and tag us @loxleyarts. Users must also include their name in the caption. (e.g. Name: Tom X. #IseeYorkshireas a blooming flower in the spring.)
Users must follow @loxleyarts before submitting artwork.
This submission period starts at 12a.m. GMT on Wednesday 18th of March and ends at 11:59 p.m. GMT on Monday 23rd of March. Entries made by direct reply to this T&C page will not be accepted.
2. The submitted entry (the “Work”) must be original and not exceed 12 inches x 12 inches (30cm x 30cm). Contestants can pick up a 12 inches x 12 inches canvas from Castlegate Stationers Wetherby for £2 or either use their own canvas.
Contestants must provide high quality images of their work.
All entered work must have been completed within the last 3 years.
The work selected for the Art Sale and Auction event must be available on the 2nd of April 2020.
For a list of inadmissible works please refer to point 16 of the.
3. There will be 3 finalists who will be selected by a panel of judges, after the competition deadline at 11:59 p.m. GMT on Monday 23rd of March, who has fulfilled the criteria in 1) and 2) above. Entries made after this point will not be counted.
4. The top 3 finalists will be announced and their paintings shared on Loxley Art’s Instagram page/Facebook page on Wednesday 25th of March at 3p.m. GMT.
5. The top 3 finalists’ painting will be displayed at the Art Sale and Auction event at the Wetherby Town Hall on Thursday 2nd of April for members of the public to vote for the best painting.
6. Two of the top finalists will receive prizes worth up to £50. The final winner of the competition will win prizes worth up to £80.
7. The judges shall be appointed by the Company in such number and of such qualification as it sees fit at its sole discretion. The Judges’ decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into. All works will be judged anonymously and there will be no segregation by country, genre or style etc.
8. The competition is open to amateur painters of the Wetherby/Yorkshire area except for Loxley Arts employees, all contractors and families or anyone directly connected with the organisation, and operators of its brands and concessions.
9. If you are the top 3 finalists, you will be invited and required to attend our Art Sale and Auction event at the Wetherby Town Hall on Thursday 2nd of April at 7pm to receive your prizes at the prize-giving ceremony and collect your painting. You will need to provide your email address, contact phone number and home address as instructed at the time of being announced as our top finalists.
10. The finalists will be notified by DM on Instagram within 2 days of the closing date. If the finalist cannot be contacted within 2 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the finalist and pick a replacement finalist.
11. All finalists will be contacted and provided with full delivery details and the relevant dates. Finalists can either deliver the work in person to the Company or Castlegate Stationers Wetherby or through post. The delivery of the work to and from the Company is the responsibility of the finalists. The Company may seek verification of the Finalist’s eligibility to enter the competition and may be required to provide further high quality images of their work for marketing or promotional purposes.
All work should be delivered wrapped, when delivered either in person or through post. Works are not required to be framed or mounted. Works must be suitably protected to avoid damage in transit and clear indication should be given as to how the work could be presented.
The return of work after the exhibition is also the responsibility of the artists. The Company reserves the right to dispose of any works after the event that have not been collected by the artists on the day of the Art Sale and Auction.
12. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
13. We reserve the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
14. Only one entry per person will be accepted. In the event of multiple entries being received from the same Instagram account, the first entry only will be accepted.
15. No entry fee or purchase is necessary, however you will need an internet connection and access to Instagram. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in the promotion, including in relation to the use of the internet.
16. We reserve the right to exclude any entries which we believe to be inappropriate, fraudulent or based on misconduct. Inadmissible works include:
Copies of original works;
Works that are in breach of copyright (or reasonably considered by the Company to create a risk of infringing upon a copyright;
Works that have been previously exhibited;
The work is incomplete;
Work, that in the reasonable view of the Company, contain noxious or toxic substances, are flammable below 50°C or incorporate dangerous electrical equipment or are otherwise considered inconsistent with safe exhibition, handling or storage;
Work, that in the reasonable view of the Company, is likely to breach the Equality Act 2010.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. By taking part in this competition, all participants consent to us collecting, storing and using their personal data submitted with their entry for the purposes of this competition.
19. Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be used for marketing purposes without the individual's prior consent.
20. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You are providing your information to Loxley Arts and not to Instagram. By participating in this competition, you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any claims.
21. The promoter does not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed. For example, as a result of network, system development, computer or telecommunications failures or fault of any kind - including any hardware, programming code, databases or software used in the promotion.
22. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
23. Winners may be required to participate in related publicity without further reward. E.g.: be photographed for website/newspaper stories, provide a short statement about their win.
24. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend without notice this competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
25. Each artist, by entering the competition confirms that they hold all intellectual property rights in the work and that they have obtained prior written approval for the use of any third party copyrighted material contained in the submitted work.
26. This competition and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
27. This competition is subject to Instagram’s terms of services which can be found at:
28. Promoter: Colourfull Arts. Registered in England, No. 5098724. Registered Office: 25C Orgreave Crescent, Dore House Industrial Estate, Sheffield S13 9NQ. Website address: www.loxleyarts.co.uk.
No posts found